This sermon series and this site is all about the Gospel. How is it affecting your walk and witness?

Monday, September 6, 2010

Your Life in light of the Day (1 Cor. 3:10-15)

1 Corinthians 3:10-15
The Day is a real day of judgment. The Bema Seat judgment of Christ is not the same as the Great White throne judgment where unbelievers are given their deserved sentences but a judgment for believers concerning their works. (see also: Rom. 14:10 and 2 Cor. 5:10) On this day will be large plumes of smoke from so called 'good works' being burned. However we won't have the vantage of seeing other's works going up in judgment flames because the smoke from our own works fires will be blocking our view. Read these words and let them sink in deeply as you meditate upon them. "each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done."
Our heart is so wickedly deceitful but on this day the truth will come out. Does this at all motivate me? Do I live in light of this fact? Does it drive me at all? No, I guess it doesn't otherwise my secret sins would be much less palatable.
So what are the affects of this coming judgment upon our lives?
Security:  Other scripture are very clear, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ. Grace is given. Even though painful fires are coming He will wipe away every tear. My ministry in Christ is out of the reach of men and even my own feelings about it. I am hidden in Christ and that is enough.
Sincerity: These thoughts drive us to works that advance the Gospel. How many conversations do I have about Christ? Am I just mailing it in when I come to church for worship? We must resolve along with Paul to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
Didn't get to listen to this sermon? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How many years will this sermon series take to complete?